Mission for TBI boosted by national grants
Connectivity CEO and Professor of Neurotrauma at Curtin University and Perron Institute for Neurological and Translational Science Professor Lindy Fitzgerald is one of six awarded national grants under the Federal Government’s Medical Research Future Fund.
The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) is a long-term Government investment supporting Australian health and medical research.
The Mission for Traumatic Brain Injury is one of the initiatives under the current 10 year plan within the MRFF.
Awarded under the Mission for Traumatic Brain Injury, Prof Fitzgerald will lead a large national team of 50 CI’s to develop an informatics approach to predict outcomes and monitor intervention efficacy following moderate to severe traumatic brain injury. You can read the full details of the research project here.
In addition to leading her own team, Prof Fitzgerald is also involved in a number of award winning grants in the MRFF Mission for Traumatic Brain Injury. These include:
- co-CI on transforming Awareness, Literacy & Knowledge of Traumatic Brain Injury (TALK-TBI)
- co-CI on Precision TBI – promoting evidence-based, data driven care for critically ill moderate-to-severe TBI patients
- AI on the Australian Traumatic Brain Injury National Data Project
Other Mission for Traumatic Brain Injury grants awarded include:
- University of Sydney – From injury to long-term physical activity for people living with traumatic brain injury
- Monash University – PRECISION-TBI – Promoting evidence-based, data driven care for critically ill moderate-to-severe TBI patients
- Monash University – The Australian Traumatic Brain Injury National Data (ATBIND) Project
- Monash University – Exercise therapy for mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) and persistent post-concussion symptoms (PPCS) across the lifespan
- University of Tasmania – Transforming Awareness, Literacy & Knowledge of Traumatic Brain Injury (TALK-TBI)
Across the country, $180 million was awarded to medical research. Congratulations to all recipients. You can view the full list here.