Connectivity Traumatic Brain Injury Australia, is an Australian-wide not-for-profit organisation working to raise awareness of concussion and traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the community.
In all its forms, TBI can have long-lasting, negative consequences for people and their families. It is our aim to improve the lives of people with lived experience and their families following TBI of all severities.
WHAT WE DO
Connectivity links together people with lived experience, carers, researchers, clinicians and health care providers to build the evidence base and improve outcomes for people following TBI of all severities.
Our work is delivered through the following key areas.
- Raising awareness Raise awareness of TBI of all severities in the community.
- Improving outcomes Source and disseminate best-practice advice to clinicians and health care workers caring for people with TBI.
- Supporting people Souce and disseminate information designed for people with TBI and / or their carers.
- Connecting community Connect researchers, people with TBI and their carers to improve study recruitment, enable co-design and empower people with TBI.
- Sustainable research Develop a financial structure that ensures the capacity for long-term research and improved understanding of the consequences of TBI.
- Standardised care Promote best-practice management of mild TBI through recommended practices for clinics.
We work to promote the prevention and control of diseases and disease processes experienced by people with TBI, including from a physical, mental, neurological and functional perspective.
By supporting research and translating outcomes, Connectivity provides relevant and evidence-based information to people with TBI, carers and clinicians to help improve the lives of people with TBI.
WANT TO BE INVOLVED?
Do you have lived experience of TBI and a story to share? Please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.